(Recipe adapted from BACKTOHERROOTS.COM).
1 box of Penne pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pinch red pepper flakes
8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced (I don't like mushrooms so I omitted it)
2 medium tomatoes chopped
1/3 of an onion chopped
4 cups fresh spinach
2 medium chicken breasts, cubed and cooked. I seasoned it with garlic powder, salt, and pepper
1 cup marinara sauce
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Cook the penne in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
2. Add oil to a skillet. Cook the chicken. Add onions and garlic. Cook until garlic and onions are soft. Add the red pepper flakes.
3. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms begin to release their water.
4. Add the spinach. Cover and let spinach wilt for 2 minutes.
5. Remove lid and turn heat to low. Add the penne pasta, sour cream, and marinara sauce. Mix well until pasta and veggies are coated. Heat until warmed through. Serve with parmesan cheese and more pepper flakes if desired.
Try out this recipe and let me know if you like it! Enjoy!
Post a Comment